Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: MG IIa Crossover replacement

I know there is not an exact example but there are quite a few examples of external box crossovers and how to run the wires out of the panel.

You can follow the schematic as to how to wire the crossover components. Just take the wires out of the panel and figure out how to connect them to the box, I think stripped wire ends into decent binding posts on the box is a good idea. The rest of it is according to the schematic, where the terminals take the place of the drivers. There are a couple of points about orientation of the coils but you don't really need to think of it till you are at that point in construction. Do allow yourself plenty of room in the XO box.

The coils rarely need replacement from ageing, since they are just plain wire. The issue is that new foil inductors are simply better than the old wire ones. The copper is cleaner and the geometry is better. Most folks who did the replacement are not regretting it even if they are not that happy with the cost.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: MG IIa Crossover replacement - Satie 16:03:05 11/18/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.