Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Apogee Duetta Sig.listening position distance

I think there are 2 big setup issues with Apogees.
(1) pull them out as far into the room as you can
(2) extremely accurate setup is essential - down the the 1/2-1/4 inch if possible
(a) they need to fire straight ahead, or toed in no more than 1/2 inch if at all
(b) they don't interact much with side walls, so you can set them up pretty wide and not really worry about that first reflection point issue
(c) get that backward slant angle right using a plumb bob and a string
(d) the distance from the front wall, and the distance to your seating position need to be as exactly precise as possible, down to the 1/2- 1/4 inch. Measure, measure, measure from the center of your seat to the top and bottom corners - all 4 (I actually bought a laser measurer that is accurate down to the 1/8 inch and it paid off in spades)

That being said, in my 13w x 18d room I have them 4' from the front wall, @8 feet apart (@ 1 foot from the side walls) and @10 feet to my listening position. I also put diffusers on the front wall behind the speakers and my depth of field increased very nicely.

A gentleman is best defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion ... and doesn't.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Apogee Duetta Sig.listening position distance - BobM 07:53:31 10/27/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.