Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: I thought you already reasoned your way out of this.

Not a THING you can tell me about HexFets. I MADE them for about 15 years as a process tech in the fab.
And I can assure you that 'lot number' is nearly meaningless. While 25 wafers fit in a standard cassette for MOST processing, a LOT consisted of 100 wafers. When processing, you can either process a SINGLE wafer at a time, which would be photo and dry etch processes, to IMPLANT which processed 25 wafers at a time. Certain 'reworks' while 'approved' and having ZERO impact on what is called 'yield', can and DO effect different wafers in such a way as to cause a variance across a lot. For this reason and others, MilSpec devices FORBID certain reworks.

Every once in a while, you'll find 25 out of 100 wafers of a 'lot' which 'zero' at probe! Big investigation which will center on ANY reworks or 'non conforming' notes attached TO the lot number in the inventory control system.

And I'd agree, MATCHING them is the only hope. Now, Pass sells for a premium, in part because of such attention to detail.
See how well output devices match in other, NON-cost-no-object designs. I doubt that anything more than an 'incoming' material inspection is done on those with MAYBE samples pulled at random and check on a curve tracer to see if they 'meet spec'.

Pick your meme and category? Cables? Room treatments? Crystals? 'A' vs 'AB'? Feedback? (gasp!) and so on.
The fact that transistors are typically quicker than the transient they are reproducing is necessary to their function. If they all don't turn on together? Well? Audible or not? Crazy? I think my idea has as much validity as those who can 'hear' silver wire or tell the difference between dielectrics. Many people say that the amp with fewer output devices sounds better. Who am I to argue? I have just Suggested a reason.
Too much is never enough

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I thought you already reasoned your way out of this. - pictureguy 11:50:21 07/29/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.