Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Another First Reflection Trap (FRT) Adventure : Quasi-Ambiophonics

LOL! I do take my time testing some stuff. BTW, I did run "Hotel California" during that square room test. It was nothing like I am used to. It does remind me that, at the time, I though that perhaps I could have applied heavy damping to the "new wall" behind my seat. I have learned to respect what happens in the space behind my seat, for it helps those recordings that capture ambience and fuller soundfield. It also seems to help with dynamics a little. Come this Christmas, I know that the Christmas tree will bring a little more than a shade for the usual presents. It always helps overall SQ.

Incidentally, "Hotel California" was also at work last evening. I had just returned from a trip. Before leaving, I had begun to test a tweak that Old Guy 42 had encouraged me strongly to try. Initially, last week, it seemed really good. However, it takes a few rounds of something before I am convinced that I am not having "audio fantasies".

So, I ran a few hours of music after my trip (and a nap to recover). It was all good. The tweak may further allow me to enjoy most of the best that my system can only -- until now -- do during the coolest months in South Florida. These are the days when lower temps allow many folks to turn off their A/Cs...so there is less ambient & powerline noise. The tweak also seems to help my system at the worst of it all. I have a park close by. On evenings when they turn the many large floodlights on...I can tell without looking.

It will not help everyone but the tweak is simple and has been known for a while. I'll let OG42 tell about it, for I encouraging him to do so, and I've gotta run to help a friend with his system now.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.