Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

3.6R "Shoot for the Moon" Internal Passive XO

Finally got around to hooking this internal passive XO up (the bass panel's driven directly with an active XO). I'm sure it'll take a few hundred hours to break in and will need some rewire & other tweaking. Too early to tell, but it sounds pretty good after only 10 hours. Bass has a little more needed impact with the heavier wiring. Mid-range and highs are cleaner but haven't quite got the body, bloom, and airiness as before - the sound hasn't opened up yet. For those that have no intention of doing this know that as cheap as the OEM parts are, they really don't sound bad at all once broken in. They do have a little fuzziness by comparison, that at best, may add some texture and at worst a very fine grain. The outboad XO is another matter entirely.

Critical in-series caps & inductors are Duelund Cast. Erse inductor & V-cap OIMPs are in the parallel positions. All are 12 guage. Wire is Neotech 6/9s (a real PITA to work with) connected to Vampire solid copper BPHEX/CB. Wood oak box by Carolina Wood Designs and it matches the speakers and fits neatly in the space in the Mye stand.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - 3.6R "Shoot for the Moon" Internal Passive XO - Barry 14:27:48 03/18/12 (15)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.