Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Sound coming from outside of the soundstage

Yeah, I imagine now that I have a proper setup, I can get by just fine without mine. Might even be better without it. Whether by accident of design (unlikely) or accident of rookie ears (likely), it works seamlessly with the Maggies. Wouldn't be hard to turn it off on the receiver though and test the differences. In fact, I wonder if it'll give a better psychological center since the channel wouldn't be a point source from the bottom of the TV. OTOH, the center of my image shifts left when I move left and shifts right for when I move right, so the center might be best for those off-axis.

I have *a* "Growing Up" track on disc one of Gabriel's "Hit and Miss" collection. It doesn't exceed beyond the soundstage. It's almost certainly a different mix (in fact, it says "Tom Lord-Alge Mix"), but I think we've already establish your room/ears have a better sense of the surround. I'm probably going to move within a few months. Going to rent a house. Priority #1: decent living room dimensions.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Sound coming from outside of the soundstage - pistonengine 16:59:04 03/16/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.