Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Shifting instruments and room layout

What brand/model is the player?

Anyway, later I'll have to annotate this old drawing with comments that may apply in your case but some of it is obvious. You may have seen the drawing elsewhere in the forum.

Notice how I had to even out the corners. I had structural truncation of one. I had to match it with wood at the other end. It doesn't need to be exact but it helps to match the angle. In your case, it is a little more challenging. You can test it with some cheap wood planks and, if it works, make it a pretty-looking design fixture that can be removed later.

Regarding your comment earlier of too high a center image: Not shown here is that my equipment rack has a black burlap double layer cover/smoothed curtain. It was an accidental discovery at first, intended to make the hanging cables and equipment less obvious. It turned out to have a few key advantages. One of them was that the rear imaging became far more level.

I also use clear burlap behind the TV as sound enhancement (& decoration*). I did this after the late Al Sekela told me that he used cotton sheets behind his large TV. In my case, it further improves layering of the image behind the TV to match imaging behind the speakers. It also helped a little to lower the image at the back.

There's more detail to cover but these items above may be useful in your case.

One thing that we need to address in your room is what happens in front of the speakers. The point is, what happens behind the Maggies is always key but what happens in front of them can still be very important.

*When the blinds are open, the sliding glass door behind the equipment makes it all visible to people in the nearby park.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Shifting instruments and room layout - JBen 23:48:08 03/11/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.