Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Shifting instruments and room layout

All the effects for the sound card are turned off (which isn't to say it isn't coloring the sound otherwise).

I am 99% certain the issue is the bluray. All the CDs I put through it recently (heavy metal, live country, and a flogging molly album) sound dead and lifeless. I can't say I've experienced an overly compressed album, but that's exactly what I imagine an overly compressed album to feel like. I have to turn up the volume to uncomfortable levels before it starts feeling life-like.

The other reason I'm sure it's the bluray player is, if it isn't, there is SOMETHING else wrong with my system and the soundcard is masking it. And I'm not ready for that emotionally :-)

I'll try what you suggest when I'm ready to accept the consequences of knowing the results.

What did you do about the odd angle in your room? I think the issue is the room with the bass being pulled left. I'd think I'd have even better results if I could balance the room and even out the gains.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.