Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: "Stixbees"?!?

Neat test rig, Rickey! At least they don't offend the eyes as the P-frames did. Experimentally, the darn things worked great but, well...let's just say they could help those wishing for a divorce.

The Stixbees were so named by my wife, relieved that the thinner & hidden things were now doing the trick.

Poplar was what I almost made the Stixbees with. Then I found that the oak was more likely to match the performance of the thicker wood I had used for P-Frames. The P-Frames were 2x2. The Sixbees had to be 1x2 in order to fit under the cloth. It worked. I posted the diagram and that was it.

LOL! Unlike Dawnrazor, I did not make much noise. As we all know, he bought all the stock he could on the makers of the stuff for Razoring PLUS as many shares of Radio Shack as he could afford after promoting the Magwire, Oak wood producers offered me no incentive. ROFLMAO!!! (wow, I had not used this acronym since, like last century!)

T_TX: I may still have a picture or 2 that show part of the Stixbees when unclothed. I'll have to boot an old PC for it and I'll post it later.

Edits: 02/17/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: "Stixbees"?!? - JBen 23:25:01 02/17/12 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.