Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: center channel

profpaul has answered most of you, and doing so hit the nail on the head. Also the mmgs' match very well with the 1.5s', which is a top priority.
As for my placing of the mains, the mg1cs' are made to mount on the wall. Can you get any closer to the wall than that? When I asked Wendell if they are made any different to be able to sound as good against a wall, well I never got an answer other than the brackets. Personally I don't think they are made any different. After hearing my wife complain about having to walk around the speakers I decided to take a shot at hanging them on the wall. They were great. So basically Magnepan is getting more than $300 for a bracket to mount the mgmc1 instead of the mmg.
As far as saving me money, yeah they build the best pair of speakers for $600. However they will agree that the center speaker to match stinks and are asking us to go with a dual center or a tri-center K-ching.
All that said, I am not worthy to strip the wires for any of his setups. He is a brilliant man and the life and blood of Magnepan, for that he deserves all of our thanks.
To sum it up, I'm just a man that has spending limits and I am not afraid to try things on my own.

Joe

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: center channel - joegjr1 16:21:56 02/12/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.