Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Finally dropped the coin on a DEQX ...

using other measurement software such as etf5 was handy for getting placement and treatments set up right. i'm sure you can do this with deqx's software, but it's nice to be able to quickly verify these large adjustments before trying to fine tune it.

i never had any issues with their software except beta firmware which i no longer use. if you need some obscure feature you might try it. i have the pdc2.6 connected to a headless homemade pc that i control with a viewsonic airpanel. no software glitches at all.

non-symetrical points/slopes are not an issue since the response of the drivers being crossed are corrected for frequency and time when the correction filters are made from the measurements. you need to throw away much of what you know about crossovers as it doesn't really apply. about the only thing you need to remember is not to send too low of a frequency to the tweeter when taking measuements

i run my subs without correction, but apply limit filters. you can use up to 48db per octave linkwitz-riley or up to 36db per octave butterworth filters. this is also a non issue as fine tuning is accomplished with delay, phase, and the parametric eq. i adjust this manually using etf5 for measuring as flat bass response (on a graph) doesn't sound good to me. identifying problem frequencies and room modes is the name of the game down there.

i'm not sure what timing latencies you are having, but if everything is corrected through the pdc2.6 and is fed straight to your amps there should be no timing issues at all. timing is what this thing does well.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.