Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Maggie 20.1 or SoundLab A2/M3 for small room?

The subject says it all. I am ready to sell my box speakers and purchase one of these. My room is about 4m / 5m /3m WLH. and would like your opinion.
No I haven't heard any of them, and the price ticket+accomodation to hear them is >4K USD. Though I recently audiotioned a pair of Maggies 1.6 and found there sound compelling enough to sell my 10K box speakers! I was positivily suprised of the combination of Maggies Sound/price. The next day, I auditioned another dipole planar speaker: The ML SL3. I loved the midrange in voice recordings, better then the maggie but they fell behind in all other aspects like The bass was boomy and didn't integrate well with the rest of the frequency band. All in all I prefer the maggies, but would be willing to pay the extra price and get the electrostat mid details + maybe some more dynamics.

I am also bit concerned that the size of these 2 speakers candidates would project an image much bigger then real in my small room. (I don;t want the lips to be 1m high) thus I need you input on this. MAybe I am better of with the 1.6?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - Maggie 20.1 or SoundLab A2/M3 for small room? - ssamer 08:14:52 11/08/06 (17)

You can not post to an archived thread.