Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Questions!? (just a few more)

I have Rogue Magnum 120's driving Apogee Duetta Signatures so not exacty the same. I do however understand where your comming from and it's partly the fault of your speakers (and my speakers). Dipoles don't load the room in the same maner that a monopole cone does, ie...they don't punch the air in the same pistonic motion that a cone does.

Active bi-amp is a good suggestion and will give you an overall increase in sound quality, spl's...and even "some" amount of greater slam. I'm going to do this with my Duetta Sigs down the road...except, I only need (want) to gain in sound quality...a little extra SPL's will also be a nice gain.

Getting back to slam...I solved that problem with a pair of subs and two crossover settings. My normal setting only uses the subs for the bottom octave...this is great for almost all of my music.

Slam is not usually bottom octave bass however...it's more of an upper bass thing when we play rock music...this is where my second crossover setting comes into play. While this second setting is not exactly "audiophile" approved...who the heck cares...sounds fantastic with high spl rock music and the slam factor is there in spades.

Dave

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Questions!? (just a few more) - sogood 05:24:10 10/22/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.