Home DIY HiFi Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: DIYHiFi supply Lux91 Mono Max problems

Hi Thorsten,

Thanks for replying. The hum is definitely not mechanical, it's electrical and coming through the speaker on one side.

The distortion is 'I simply cannot listen to this terrible quality' as if the amp is completely breaking down, particularly for female and mid range to upper range frequencies (mainly - but it could just be more obvious!). So like as if you have fuzzified and crackled up a voice or instrument, to the extent as if you were listening to a radio and started to lose the signal. It's not subtle, it's very obvious and ruins the sound quality completely. So clearly something is failing.

Although I haven't tested this aspect to death I would argue on the evidence that this does not happen at the same volume when the amp is cooler and once you have run the amp at higher volume to cause this as you reduce the volume it takes a while for the amp to work again at lower volumes (whereas if you had not turned it up it would have not distorted). So this suggests perhaps a heating up issue that leads to a circuit breakdown somewhere.

Any thoughts?, Jim

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.