Home DIY HiFi Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

django preamp

I've completed wiring up a Django preamp I bought two months ago, and was about to finish it up by soldering all the connections when I thought I should stop and post this message first. I have a few wiring questions which I'm hoping someone out there can help me with before I make a possible mistake more permanent with solder.

I ordered the kit with S&B TX-102 transformers. The wires coming from the transformers are either black or white except for one orange wire from each transformer. Am I correct in assuming these are the ground wires which are soldered to the preamp ground ?

The black and white wires leaving each transformer have numbered tags on them which I presumed designated which position on the seiden selector switch the wire is attached to. However, each transformer has a wire labeled '43', for which there is no position on the selector switch in the directions. Is this normal ? Is this wire meant to be connected somewhere or just terminated ? If so, how do I terminate it ?

Thanks ahead of time for any help you can offer. The quicker I answer thes last two questions, the quicker I can get the thing done.

Desilu

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - django preamp - desilu 17:47:29 12/18/05 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.